1. When God looked at creation and declared it both “good” and “very good”, what do you think He was trying to express?
2. Randy Frazee suggested that God looks at you and says, “Looking at you is better than an ocean view … or watching a sunrise.” How does that make you feel?
3. Genesis 1:26-27 says that we are made in the image of God. How do we, as people, actually reflect the image of God?
4. If you could take a walk with God in the perfect garden of paradise, just like you would with a friend, what would you talk about and why?
5. In a normal day, what gets in the way of you taking a walk with God and talking about what is on your heart?
6. Even though Adam and Eve began walking in perfect fellowship with their Maker, God still gave them the freedom to reject this perfect life. What does this spiritual reality say about the power of the choices we make each day?
7. Adam and Eve made a choice to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. They rejected God’s vision for their lives and declared that they wanted to run their own universe and be their own god. How do you see that same sinful desire and behavior in our lives today and how does it influence our daily walk with God?
8. If God truly loved Adam and Eve, why would He throw them out of the garden?
9. Randy Frazee said that God’s choice to drive Adam and Eve out of the garden was really an “act of grace.” Do you agree or disagree with his statement? Why?
10.What are ways to identify that we are about to enter into sinful and rebellious actions and how can we stop before we have crossed the line?